CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

September 2005

From:
Jens Rietdorf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Sep 2005 17:36:15 +0200

Dear Sophie et al,

we have made excellent experience using a Zeiss PlanApo 60x W NA 1.2 lense
without coverglass correction in combination with BioFolie (see link below),
which has a refractive index of 1.35. There is a hydrophilic and a hydrophobic
modification available.

http://www.ivss.de/en/Products/Culture_Systems/bioFOLIE_25___petriPERM/body_biofolie_25___petriperm.html

The main advantage for us was that this transparent film is 25micron
thin which
increased the usable working distance of the objective by roughly
150micron, but
there is also thicker and more stable variants of it.

No commercial interest whatsoever,
with best regards,
jens

--