CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

August 2004

From:
James Beals <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Aug 2004 09:47:51 -0400

Hello Carl,
I have a new position at the university, and shut down that server.
About finishing the project...
Well the student was awarded her Ph.D and so that part of the project
was completed.
She is a software developer, working on deconvolution.
Her software relied on an known and measured PSF. Rather inconvenient
due to differing convolution within different tissues.......but just
good enough to get the Ph.D.

I did not complete the project (collecting data from all objectives)
just the 63x 1.2NA objective with 488nm laser.  Because the scope is in
a core facility, I could not address some of the issues brought up.
like the asymmetry above and below the microsphere.
This was only apparent with the pinhole all the way open.  I have the
images some were...I will dig them up if you are still interested. I
have them in a presentation archived.

James Beals
Research Assoc. II
University of Michigan