CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

August 2018

Date:
Fri, 24 Aug 2018 22:57:16 -0700

Hi Jim,
Glad to note that you are mentioning Ultivue. On the same spirit, we should
also mention Akoya biosciences which is a spinoff of Gary Nolan's CODEX
technology. Both use dna labeled primary Abs with slight variation in
washing strategies. As for a direct comparison between Ultivue and Perkin
Elmer, that is something that we are potentially interested and may pursue
at some point in time.

Jeff,
I am very familiar with perkin elmer Opal dyes and have been using them for
well over 2 years. There are ways you can do Ab removal without doing
microwave treatment. However you'd need an auto stainer for this (such as a
leica bond rx or similar device).
Opal dyes have their challenges but its not difficult to have the right
controls to check for tissue loss/damage. The bigger challenges are with
spectral unmixing and the downstream image analysis pipelines.

Sripad