CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

November 2017

From:
Martin Hunter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Nov 2017 09:33:57 -0600

We are setting up a new confocal core imaging facility at Tufts University (Medford, MA, USA;  http://engineering.tufts.edu/bme/imagingcenter/), and we'd like to take appropriate measures to prevent any mycoplasma contamination of our microscopes.  Does anyone have any recommended literature or safety protocols to follow for this?

Some of the specific questions we have are:

* What is an appropriate protocol for primary cell lines?

* Is Sigma's Lookout Mycoplasma Erase spray safe for use on microscope objectives?

* Are there particular precautions to take with airborne mycoplasma delivered via gas lines or through the humidifier water flask?

Many thanks,

Martin Hunter, PhD
Lab Manager
TAMIC Core Imaging Facility