CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

September 2022

From:
"Cammer, Michael" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Sep 2022 17:36:00 +0000
To join or leave the confocal microscopy listserv or to change your email address, go to:
https://lists.umn.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=confocalmicroscopy&A=1

Does anyone know how to get ROIs from .lif files?

We are doing FRAP experiments with a Leica SP8.  We are getting good FRAP analysis results with ImageJ by estimating the location of the ROIs, but would like to use the precise ROIs defined when imaging.  It appears these are in the metadata but don't know how to convert the Leica coordinates, which have negative numbers, to ImageJ coordinates.  Also, there is a ROI importer button in BioFormats, but it always throws an exception.

Any info or help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Michael Cammer, Sr Research Scientist, DART Microscopy Laboratory
NYU Langone Health, 540 First Avenue, office MSB 06 57, main lab Smilow C-17, New York, NY  10016
Office: 646-501-0567 Cell (DO NOT TEXT): 914-309-3270  [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
http://nyulmc.org/micros  http://microscopynotes.com/
Scheduling the time you want is far more reliable by phone call.  Why not provide your phone number?

Probably nobody reads this part, but everybody should and heed it:
Acknowledgement in publications and presentations of Microscopy Core performed work is vital to secure support and funding necessary to maintain this valuable research resource.   For publications that include work performed in the core, please use the acknowledgement statement "We thank the NYU Langone Microscopy Core for experimental and technical support" and include required grant numbers as listed here http://microscopynotes.com/ilabnyu/acknowledgements2017.pdf
Please also consider staff for co-authorship if they played a key role in the study.