CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

September 2009

From:
Mark Cannell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 17 Sep 2009 07:47:42 +1200
Hi Andreas

We published an actual bleach experiment here:

Cannell, M.B. & Soeller, C. (1997) Optical sectioning in fluorescence
microscopy by confocal and 2-photon imaging techniques. Microscopy Today
5(8):12-15.

You can see that  bleaching during scanning in wide field is the same
throughout the sample (unlike 2P). This is because the 'dose' is the
same at all points.

Cheers Mark