MOU-RBA Archives

January 2015

From:
Ron Taube <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ron Taube <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Jan 2015 05:05:39 -0600
Yesterday two friends and myself drove from Coon Rapids Via Brooklyn Park to Aitkin County.  We hit the usual roads besides 169. As we headed east on CR210 we spotted three bald eagles.  We drove up CR 5 from Cr 210 to Palisades where we saw male and female common redpolls at feeders as well as black capped chicadees .   North of Palisades we saw a northern shrike and later a rough legged hawk (light morphed) on a pole The Hawk took off and we followed it a bit trying to get better photos when we saw another rough legged hawk.  Later as we reached CR18 we saw yet another rough legged hawk.  As we headed west on CR 18 we saw another northern shrike.  We drove up and down 18 looking for Great Gray owls but had no luck.  We drove up and down 320th pl or Pietzs road and saw very little.  on the way back down CR5 we saw the rough legged hawk again sitting on a pole near a farm house.  It was a snowy day and not particularly good for photography but I posted a few photos on my flickr account.  https://www.flickr.com/photos/ronsthoughts/ <https://www.flickr.com/photos/ronsthoughts/>
Ron Taube
Coon Rapids