WEBSTANDARDS Archives

May 2010

WEBSTANDARDS@LISTS.UMN.EDU

From:
Craig Gjerdingen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
UofMN CSS Web Development <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 May 2010 09:44:42 -0500
At Carlson we are converting from our own CMS to a DreamWeaver/Contribute
mash-up model. We have work with and look at many options and have
decided that the client side stuff using jQuery or straight js leaves too much
of a whole in terms Search Engine Opitimization and find/index ability.

We are looking at http://aspnetrsstoolkit.codeplex.com/

This tool separates the query, sort, filter of the feed from the view
(transformation into html via XSLT).

It is written for RSS and Atom feeds, but is open source and appears to be
pretty easy to adapt to any REST style XML output.

We are flushing out the DreamWeaver/Contribute sites, by integrating Events
feeds from events.umn.edu, UThink blog feeds for News and such, ASR course
guide Web Service, and finally a couple of our own web service apps, for
faulty profiles and such.

I'm sure their is something similar on the PHP, Rails, etc side but we run MS
stuff for the most part over here at Carlson.