WEBSTANDARDS Archives

September 2010

WEBSTANDARDS@LISTS.UMN.EDU

From:
"Simone Q. Vuong" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
UofMN CSS Web Development <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Sep 2010 15:33:37 -0500
Absolutely, Dave.

_PROJECTS

_We are a research center for /Environmental Health Sciences/ under the
/School of Public Health/. The projects are mostly secure, web-based
forms and reports as well as some client applications.  Ideally, we
would like to have all of our applications web-based. Examples of common
projects we have are:

    * generation of letters, forms, etc for mass mailing
    * dynamic reports in which one can enter criteria for selection
      (e.g., date range, month, year, group, etc.) and select multiple
      sorting
    * LOTS of data entry applications

We're starting to create open-source applications that can be shared
with other study centers.

_DATABASE

_We use both MySQL and MSSQL, depending on the study although we would
like to move to MySQL for all.

_USERS

_We're almost done with converting to Active Directory(AD) so that would
be our means of authenticating users. Everyone who needs access our
secure site -- that's most of our users -- must have an AD account.

_OTHERS_

Also, we've recently been building web applications in Groovy and Grails.

Does this help?