WEBSTANDARDS Archives

February 2013

WEBSTANDARDS@LISTS.UMN.EDU

From:
"Marshall, Kirk" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
UofMN Web Standards <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Feb 2013 14:35:58 -0600
Hi Web Standards group,

Does the U have a preferred choice for an online payment service provider? Google Checkout maybe?

One of our student groups is hosting an event that requires registration and payment, and we would like to set up an online solution.

I have been reading about some of the many online payment service options - http://www.webdesignerdepot.com/2012/09/leading-online-payment-services-to-help-your-design-business-flourish/ - and am leaning toward Amazon Simple Pay or PayPal because those would be familiar to most visitors, or WePay because it looks secure and easy to set up.

Have any of you in the Web Standards group worked with these or other providers to set up online payment on a U website? What would you recommend?

Thanks,

Kirk Marshall
Web and E-Communications Coordinator
Boynton Health Service
410 Church St. SE
Minneapolis MN 55455
612-625-0386 | [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>