WEBSTANDARDS Archives

January 2013

WEBSTANDARDS@LISTS.UMN.EDU

From:
John Starr <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
UofMN Web Standards <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 Jan 2013 10:53:29 -0600
We've been doing work with the UMContent site developers group and I
informed the drupal users group.  I thought I'd also notified you at Web
Standards but as I look back at my email (and based on your comments),
it looks like it was an oversight.

Late last fall we were charged with finding a replacement for UMContent
which, as many of you know, has a lot of problems.  After looking at a
couple of vendor products and drupal, our leadership decided to go ahead
with drupal for a number of reasons:

  * There are a number of groups on campus using drupal
  * Some of the larger stake holders in UMContent were planning to move
    to drupal
  * The large drupal expertise both on and off campus

I apologize for the communication oversight.  I'm happy to answer any
questions you may have and if you'd like, I can come to the next Web
Standards meeting in person to discuss this.

John

--
John Starr
Business Analyst