WEBSTANDARDS Archives

March 2010

WEBSTANDARDS@LISTS.UMN.EDU

From:
Kathy Jensen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
UofMN CSS Web Development <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Mar 2010 13:26:20 -0600
Greetings,

Apologies in advance for crosspostings.

University Relations is continuing to work on social networking
guidelines that we hope will be helpful for units that want to make
official profiles or pages for their unit or program.

Some of the things we plan to address include if and when to use
social networking, how or if you should monitor comments, how to
appropriately brand your social networking profile, how to combine
social networking with your current promotional efforts, and balancing
the time it takes to manage a social networking page or site.

We'd like to know a few things from University communicators to help
us shape these guidelines. Please take a few minutes to respond to
this short survey: https://umsurvey.umn.edu/index.php?
sid=56929&lang=um. The survey will be open until Monday, March 15.

And if you haven't visited the guidelines that are currently
available, take a look: http://www.webdepot.umn.edu/social_guidelines.php

Thank you,

Kathy

Kathy Jensen
Web Developer
University Relations
University of Minnesota
612-624-5808
[log in to unmask] (It's my middle name)