WEBSTANDARDS Archives

May 2011

WEBSTANDARDS@LISTS.UMN.EDU

From:
Nuria Sheehan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
UofMN Web Standards <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 May 2011 14:17:20 -0500
Hi John,

Yes, I definitely agree with Dan that the new interface could make the
Urchin info easier to use. I do like having access to all the historic data
on Urchin, but don't end up using it most of the time due to the UI.

The features in Google Analytics that I think will be particularly great to
have in the new version are custom reports and segments.

Thanks!
Nuria

On Tue, May 24, 2011 at 2:16 PM, Toni Prekker <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> My biggest issue with Urchin is that it seems to track things very
> differently than Google Analytics.  The counts are significantly higher, and
> I'm not sure that it's properly filtering out the things I want filtered.
> Maybe that's my personal issue, but Google Analytics has a lot more support
> for troubleshooting, and finding answers.
>
> I also think the interface is significantly more difficult to use in
> Urchin.
>

> --
> Toni A Prekker
> Web Coordinator
> Center for Transportation Studies
> University of Minnesota

Nuria Sheehan
Marketing Lead, Web and Media
College of Education and Human Development
University of Minnesota
ph: 612-625-5779
email: [log in to unmask]

Can't get a hold of me?
Contact the web team at [log in to unmask]