WEBSTANDARDS Archives

May 2010

WEBSTANDARDS@LISTS.UMN.EDU

From:
Peter Wiringa <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
UofMN CSS Web Development <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 May 2010 15:03:15 -0500
Here's a central example:
http://search.umn.edu/tc/index.php?q=name

Here's CEHD's implementation:
http://www.cehd.umn.edu/Search/default.html?query=test

For the central tabbed search, there's some info at
http://webdepot.umn.edu/tabbed-search.php but it's a bit dated
(still talks of people as a separate tab, not to the right). For
whomever it was who asked about parameters:

    * [q] query
    * [s] sets to display, by setConfig key (see attached for set
config examples), hypen-delimited (i.e. to display the 'u' set five
times, s=u-u-u-u-u)
    * [r] domain or hostname; adds extra tab that appends an
inurl:<r> to the query and uses the params for any extra set from
the config file ($setConfig['e'])
    * [l] title for the extra tab ("This Site" if not passed)

See the set config for 'e' in the attached for the extra tab
defaults.

Here's another central example of adding a tab for webdepot.umn.edu
on the fly with the r & l params:

http://search.umn.edu/tc/index.php?q=name&r=webdepot.umn.edu&l=eCommunication%20Standards

Any on-the-fly tabs added on search.umn.edu/tc/ will use the default
collection (default_collection) and standard client/front end
(searchumn) in the Google Search Appliance.

--
Peter Wiringa
Electronic Communications

"I gotta hold on to my angst. I preserve it because I need it. It
keeps me sharp, on the edge, where I gotta be." - V. Hanna