WEBSTANDARDS Archives

September 2012

WEBSTANDARDS@LISTS.UMN.EDU

Sender:
UofMN Web Standards <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Peter Wiringa <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Sep 2012 13:49:05 -0500
Hello,

The Office of Information Technology and University Relations are working
together to assess existing content management systems (CMS) at the U.

We know of several systems in use by colleges and units systemwide,
including Drupal, WordPress, the UThink blogs, and UMContent, to name a
few. We're interested in your experiences with these various systems, such
as your satisfaction with those current systems, and any future plans.

In short, we're interested in what you're doing, what's working, and what
isn't. We've prepared a brief
survey<https://docs.google.com/a/umn.edu/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dGl5cFZsZEY2dWd1OWxBQUh1VDc0eGc6MQ#gid=0>
capture this information and would greatly appreciate it if you would take
just a few minutes to complete it. Information gathered from the survey
also may help to inform and determine future CMS decisions.

The survey will be available until Friday, Sept. 28. Once the survey has
been closed and its results compiled, we'll share results with those of you
who participated.

If you aren't the best person in your unit to complete the
survey<https://docs.google.com/a/umn.edu/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dGl5cFZsZEY2dWd1OWxBQUh1VDc0eGc6MQ#gid=0>,
please share it with other communicators or IT staff as appropriate.

Regards,
Steve Nguyen, IT Collaboration and Web Content Service Team
Peter Wiringa, University Relations