CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

March 2000

From:
Donald O'Malley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Mar 2000 10:34:03 -0500
Dear Haixin,

    Another idea might be to use radiolabelling techniques.
For example, add tritiated water to your fungi and then
rapidly freeze them and do dry autoradiography.  I don't
know if this would actually work for imaging water, and
the rapid-freezing technique is not for the faint-hearted,
but it did work well for imaging acetylcholine localization,
providing subcellular resolution.
  See: Masland and Mills, 1979.  J. Cell Biology 83:159-178.

Good Luck,
Don

Donald M. O'Malley, Ph.D.
Department of Biology