CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

March 2000

From:
"Beuerman, Roger" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Mar 2000 19:51:48 -0600
Each type of fiber has a particular spectral response which needs to be
considered, as wavelengths of interest may be affected. Also, heat may be a
consideration. In addition, the angle of the input and exit cone needs to be
considered. You may end up either overfilling or underfilling the next lens
in the system. Light guides can not be switched without some thought to all
of the parameters of light handling.
        But there are many good books on these subjects.
        Roger Beuerman