CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

August 2000

Sender:
Date:
Thu, 17 Aug 2000 17:21:01 -0400
7bit
From:
Jason Kirk <[log in to unmask]>
Carol,

We have a Zeiss LSM 510 confocal in our user facility here at UConn that we
can switch between our Axiovert 100M (inverted) and Axioplan 2 (upright).
The 510 scan module requires only 2 thumbscrews and a 3mm screw that
traverses the scan head to be removed from its mount.  With the extremely
high throughput on the side port of the inverted scope, switching takes all
of five minutes!  We switch very rarely but it is a simple procedure,
however being intimately familiar with how the users are in a user facility,
I'm not sure you'd want the average user unmounting the scan module.  Hope
this helps.

-Jason

Jason Kirk
Center for Biomedical Imaging Technology
University of Connecticut Health Center
263 Farmington Ave.
Farmington, CT 06030
Ph: (860)679-4686