CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

August 2000

Sender:
From:
Vera Terry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Aug 2000 23:50:18 -0400
Hi Carol,

We took delivery of a Leica TCS NT system comprising the DMRBE and the
matching inverted DMIRBE January 1997. The system also has an Ar UV laser
attached.

The microscopes are standing side by side (upright on the left and inverted
on the right) as recommended by the company. This arrangement allows for the
easy transfer of the scanner head from one microscope to the other. I
regularly perform this transfer with no difficulty - just a simple exercise
of moving the head from the upright, down to the inverted.

There has not been any problem with the aligned of the lasers with the
repeated change, although I would be reluctant to allow just anybody to do
it.

Our confocal facility is a multi-user setup and the ability to have 2 lasers
and the two different microscopes provides a wide spectrum of application.

The head has a bit of weight in it and the unwary user could be unprepared.
Having said that, I have also trained other people to do this when I am not
there.

Vera

Dr Vera Terry
Department of Anatomy and Histology, F13
University of Sydney NSW 2006
Australia