CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

August 2000

From:
Richard Thrift <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Aug 2000 11:19:04 -0700
Forgive me for cluttering the list, I don't have the original poster's address

Mario's reply reminded me; 15 microns IS quite large; there is a concern that particles greater than 5-7 microns may get trapped in capillary beds, particularly those of the lungs.  So they may not be recirculating & getting through to your tissue.  Or is that the reason FOR using such large spheres?  (I've always wondered how blood flow analysis is done with microspheres.)

Richard

> [log in to unmask] 8/2/00 9:30:25 AM >>>
Andras,

>  >
>>>Hi all,
>>>

>>>We are looking at performing a quantitative blood flow analysis by
>counting fluorescent microspheres (15 microns size, made of polystyrene and
>coated with flourescent dye) in the nerve of a rat after injection into the
>abdominal aorta.

These are very large spheres and carry a lot of dye.  . . .

Richard Thrift

(858) 625-2424
SkyePharma, Inc
10450 Science Center Drive
San Diego, CA, 92121   USA
I am required to add the following:
The information in this e-mail and in any attachments is confidential and
intended solely for the attention and use of the named addressee(s). This
information may be subject to legal, professional or other privilege and
further distribution of it is strictly prohibited without our authority. If
you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to and must not
disclose, copy, distribute or retain this message or any part of it, and
should notify us immediately.