CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

August 2000

From:
Bartek Rajwa <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Aug 2000 10:41:03 -0400
I have a question concerning deconvolution. I am wondering if it is
possible and reasonable to deconvolve confocal (or partially confocal)
images obtained in backscattered light mode. I assume that in such a
case PSF function would be dependent on size of backscattering
particles present in the sample and pace of their Brownian movement.
Am I correct? If so, how can I determine a model PSF which might be
used later for a deconvolution? Surely I cannot obtain it
experimentaly relying on an image of a single reflective bead since
BSL impulse response function depends strongly on the neighborhood of
the bead observed. What about blind deconvolution?

Any ideas?

Bartek Rajwa

``Does anybody else find irony in the fact that Bill Gates says he's
trying to write a stable OS, and Linus claims he's trying to take over the
world?'' Anonymous