CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

October 2000

Sender:
From:
Steve Taylor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Oct 2000 15:18:09 +0100
Dear confocal experts

I am trying to find/develop a protocol for the determination of
intracellular pH of E. coli after being exposed to lethal pH or
salt stress. Ideally I would like to measure the change in cellular
viability with time and gain an idea of the proportion of cells which
are able to maintain their internal pH against those which have lost
that ability. I have found a protocol using SNAFL on confluent MDCK
cells, and one using 5-(6-) carboxyfluorescein diacetate (CFDA)  on
yeast, but not much on bacteria.

Any methods or suggestions would be much appreciated!

---------------------------------

Dr. S. Taylor
CLSM Unit
Institute of Biological Sciences