CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

October 2000

Sender:
From:
lara matia <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Oct 2000 19:05:28 GMT
Dear All,

I am working on Confocal Scanning Laser Fluorescent Microscopy. I need to
detect the oil droplets forming a network to study the microstructure of
casein acid gels. I need to find a fluorescent dye soluble in the mineral
oil that I am using (n-tetradecane). So far, I know that Nile Red is
suitable but it is too expensive (£120/ g) and I need a rather big amount of
it to prepare the emulsions. Therefore I would need other alternative dye,
suitable for mineral oil and at a more reasonable price to use a great
amount of it.

I would be grateful if anyone could provide me with any information or
commercial company to make an order as soon as possible,
Thanks very much.

Lara Matia.

Lara Matia. Ph.D student.
Procter Department of Food Science