CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

October 2000

From:
Milton Charlton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Oct 2000 10:01:24 -0400
You could try applying Protein-G labelled with a fluorophore to those
sections.  That would identify the antibody even if the FITC had been lost
from the antibody.  If you do not find the antibody this way then you could
permeabilize the section and look for intracellular antibody with the same
technique- just in case the antibody was internalized.
You could also consider using a different fluorophore such as Texas Red
which may be less reactive than FITC- at least it bleaches about ten times
slower than FITC for whatever that is worth.

Milton Charlton
University of Toronto