CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

March 2001

Sender:
Date:
Wed, 7 Mar 2001 18:34:51 +0100
Hi everybody,

I am a senior research technician with a full-time position in the
Department of Animal Biology and Ecology, University of Cagliari, Italy,
where I supervise the Laboratory of Histology and Comparative Anatomy since
1995.

I have extensive experience of light, fluorescence and confocal microscopes,
image analysis and morphometry, and a wide range of computer skills that
could facilitate the acquisition, analysis and management of digital image
data. Moreover, my techinician knowledge level extend from general research
methods in neuroanatomy (fixation, perfusion, tissue preparation for
microtomy and cryostat, sectioning, paraffin inclusion, mounting, staining
procedures…) to lesion methods in neurobiology and to neuroanatomical
tracers (Biocytin, Lucifer Yellow, etc...) applications in vivo animals and
in human cadaveric organs.
Recently, I became quite familiar with immunohistochemistry and double
staining (i.e. somatostatine and GFAP) procedures applied to neuronal and
non-neuronal cells.

Due to personal reasons, I am currently looking for a funded position in
Cambridge (UK), where I would like to work for a limited period of time,
i.e. 1 year, starting as soon as possible.

Based to my long laboratory experience, I think it is very important to
highlight my organizational skill and ability to collaborate with other
research group, i.e. Laboratory of Surgical Sciences and Transplantation
(Cagliari, Italy), Laboratory of Pharmacology (Caglari, Italy) and
Laboratory of Brain Research (Bremen, Germany).

If interested, please contact me to
or

Thanks.

Dr. Saturnino Spiga