CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

March 2001

Sender:
From:
Joachim Walter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Mar 2001 02:46:38 +0100
I don't know, if I sent this correctly the first time. So here another
time. Sorry.

Hello all,

for my application I desperately look for a macro that allows the LSM 510
to do spotbleaching. I do not mean something like the ROI bleaching (which
is very nice) but some function that allows the laser to rest on one spot
for several (hundred) microseconds. The reason that the ROI bleaching does
not work for me is that I need many small spots and selecting a large
number of 2x2 ROIs just does not work quickly enough.
At another LSM510 I found a macro called "spotbleach" that might do what I
want. Just I cannot get the microscope I am using (software version 2.02)
to open it (the .lvb file). Exporting to a .bas file does not work,
either, as the microscope the macro resides on is without macro editing
option.
On the Zeiss ftp server there are a bunch of macros that could
serve me as a template for programming my own. Just they are all in .lvb
format and the software 2.02 cannot open them.
I found in the online macro docs that there are not just scanmodes "Line"
and "Plane" but also "Point". Just when I select "Point" and scan, the
"image" (1 pixel) stays black. Worse: the laser does not seem to get
activated, either.
Furthermore, it is not yet clear to me, how to tell the macro where to
bleach. Is is possible in the macro language to sense mouseclicks into an
image window and read the position of the mousepointer (if possible in um
offset from the middle scanposition :-)?

If anybody does have any comments to one of these points, please respond.

Joachim

  Joachim Walter, Dipl. Phys.

  current address:
  Dept. Biochemistry