CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

March 2001

From:
Badri Roysam <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Mar 2001 11:22:19 -0500
Jim, I like your description of the test procedure. It is quite a bit more
sophisticated than mine, but based on the same intuitions. We want to
subject the competing cameras to the same source, as well as the same
optics. In theory, one could go further by using a calibrated light
source, but most of us don;t quite need that level of sophistication.

Again, if it will serve the community, I'll provide resources to do camera
benchmarking in my lab.

Badri Roysam
Associate Professor
Advanced Imaging Systems Laboratory
Department of Electrical, Computer and Systems Engineering
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
110 8th Street, Troy, New York 12180-3590.
Office(JEC 6046): 518-276-8067, Lab(JEC 6308): 518-276-8207, Fax: 518-276-6261
Email: [log in to unmask], Web: http://www.rpi.edu/~roysab