CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

March 2001

From:
"Tobin, MJ (Mark)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Mar 2001 09:46:41 -0000
Dear confocal users

This is not exactly confocal, but somebody may be able to help...

I need to produce synchronous populations of the cell line I am working with
for confocal imaging, and intend using the thymidine block method.
Monitoring of cell synchrony requires the determination of DNA synthesis
rate using 3H thymidine.  Could anybody out there tell me if there is an
alternative fluorescent probe to use in the place of 3H in this method.

Many thanks

Mark Tobin

Dr. Mark Tobin
Synchrotron Radiation Department