CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

March 2001

From:
Nico Stuurman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Mar 2001 14:42:41 +0200
We have problems setting up a network connection with the OS2/warp machine
that came with our Biorad MRC1024.  Specifically, the machine can connect
with every machine outside of our network but not with any inside our
network.  Apparently this is due to the archaic network software on the OS2
machine, it does not let the sysadmin set the right routing options but
insists on adding the 'wrong' ones.  Biorad (NL) is not able to offer much
assistance, they promised to send us the OS2/warp CDs (which were never
given to us to begin with) but have not been able to do so for a few months
now.  Our needs to connect this machine to the rest of the network are
increasing, but it seems silly to switch to the NT version of the software
just because the network connection does not work.

Does anyone know how to solve this problem or where to find the information
needed to solve it?

Thanks in advance

Nico Stuurman

Leiden University