CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

September 2001

From:
ray hester <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Sep 2001 11:38:36 -0500
Use of air-cooled lasers on our Leica TCS SP has been my first exposure to
this type (we have water cooled ones on our FACS and ACAS).   These (5-watt
water-cooled ones) seem to either work, or not - is that true of the
air-cooled?  If not, is there a good way to tell when they are losing power
other than the fact that a sample doesn't seem as bright as it should be, or
the laser light out of the objective seems dim?  Do these lasers have clocks
recording the accumulated hours of usage, as do the water cooled ones?
Thanks.

Ray