CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

September 2001

From:
Paul Dickens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Sep 2001 09:35:00 +1000
Hi Nathan,

According to our measurements, our TCS 4D scans at 450 Hz (lines per
second) on 'std' mode and 1900 Hz on 'fast' mode.  The fast mode scans
bidirectionally.  I cannot tell you the frequency of the 'slow' mode as it
is not functioning on our machine.

I don't know of any third party platforms but would be glad to hear of any!

Paul Dickens.

Dear All,

I have used a Leica TCS 4D confocal laser scanning microscope (bought in
1993) and am interested in knowing the frequency at which it scans.

Also,  the software package running it (a win3.1/unix hybrid) is quite
unstable.  According to Leica upgrading is not possible, but does anyone
know if there are 3rd party platforms available to run this
microscope.

Thanks in advance,

Nathan Brady

Mr Paul Dickens