CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

September 2001

From:
Stephen Cody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Sep 2001 10:20:00 +1000
Dear Florian,

I have used low melting point Agarose to mount zebrafish, with a water
immersion lens and found it to be an excellent mountant. I always mount the
fish close to the coverslip anyway, so that the agarose will have a minimal
effect. I've used 1% up to 4% and noticed no difference in image quality
with the fish next to the coverslip.

Stephen H. Cody,
Colon Molecular and Cell Biology Laboratory,
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research,
Post Office Royal Melbourne Hospital,
Parkville, Victoria 3050, Australia.

Tel: +61 3 9341 3155 (BH)   +61 3 9341 3158 (@work AH)