CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

September 2001

From:
大和雅之 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Sep 2001 15:34:36 +0900
We have used Fuji S1 for both fluorescence and bright field.
The monitor is small but we are satisfied with the quality.

Fuji S1 can be connected with the front  port of
Nikon microscopes in place of Nikon cameras
since Fuji uses the same mount as Nikon's.

>Profession digital cameras are not all that expensive - check the Fuji S-1
>- they are less than $2500 from B&H.  But you can get  adapters for almost
>any digital camera to go on that port - Optem makes a wide array of
>adapters as doe Diagnostic Instruments.  Be aware though that most hi
>resolution digital cameras do not have a real time (30frame/sec) output.
>The are putting out >15mB /image  afterall!
>
>Bill Miller

Masayuki Yamato, Ph.D

Institute of Biomedical Engineering
Tokyo Women's Medical University