CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

September 2001

From:
Anda Cornea <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Sep 2001 14:30:31 -0700
Michael, I am facing the same problem, so I'll be interested in your findings.

I had good results with a CO2 independent medium, L-15 sold by Sigma.

M.E. Dailey describes in detail a perfusion system in which the medium is presaturated with CO2/O2.

Some of the Harvard Apparatus microincubator chambers provide the option to blow CO2/O2 over the medium.  Presumably, with the right flow rate you may maintain constant pH.  In my first attempt, I used one large tank in an overnight experiment and this may be too much for long term imaging experiments.

Anda

Anda Cornea Ph.D.
Head of Imaging and Morphology Core
Oregon Regional Primate Research Center
Oregon Health & Sciences University

(503) 690-5293

>>> [log in to unmask] - 9/18/01 12:10 PM >>>
We need to regulat CO2 to our cell cultures while confocalling.
Does anyboy have recommendations for complete units or assemblages of parts
to make one?
Thanks.

Michael Cammer   Analytical Imaging Facility   Albert Einstein Coll. of Med.
Jack & Pearl Resnick Campus      1300 Morris Park Ave.     Bronx, NY  10461
(718) 430-2890       Fax:  430-8996      URL:  http://www.aecom.yu.edu/aif/