CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

December 2001

From:
John Runions <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Dec 2001 10:47:33 +0000
Dear Kathy and all,

I'm glad the problem has been solved but it brings up another question from me. I
routinely make movies in quicktime (.mov) format using Adobe Premier for Macintosh
and they play perfectly well on all of our lab Macs.  In my opinion, a Macintosh
should play a .mov file, is this incorrect?  Is it just a question of having the
latest version of Quicktime installed?

Also, in the past I have had cross-platform compatibility issues that I was able to
solve by using the movie conversion software Rad Video tools:

http://www.radgametools.com/down/bink/radtools.exe

Thanks for your help, John.

Kathy Spencer wrote:

> Hello All!
>         This list has been so helpful to me, I'll try again with another question.
>         I have built a QuickTime movie in Adobe Premiere that plays wonderfully on
> PCs...it will NOT play on Macs. It is a .mov file. This was the only format
> where I could get the file size under 2MB. If I export as .avi, it's too
> big. The on-line journal requested .mov, but they must have Macs, because
> they cannot see it. Any suggestions?
>         Thanks!
>         Kathy
>
> Kathy Spencer