CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

October 2002

Sender:
Date:
Tue, 29 Oct 2002 11:29:22 +0100
8bit
From:

> Search the CONFOCAL archive at
>
> Dear users of the LSM510,
> We do FRAP with the LSM510 and we acquire z-stack, it happens that we
> lose the focus. Has someone discover a way to correct the z position
> without stopping the time-lapse?
> Thank you for the help
>
> Nathalie

There is a macro from Zeiss which can tackle this problem. However you
have to pay for this macro and the autofocus function is taking about 25
sec. You didn't mention your time scale, but it should be long eneough
when you get the focus problem. The macro also has the ability to follow
cells at different positions when you have an automated XY-stage. Whitout
automated XY-stage, you can only follow the cells in your field of view.

Gert van Cappellen
www.eur.nl/fgg/endov/multiphoton