CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

October 2002

Sender:
From:
Steven Luke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 Oct 2002 09:10:44 -0600

Richard,

Metamorph may be able to do this as well.  It offers two types of
tracking protocols, one called track objects and one called track points.

Using Track Objects you draw a square around a spot, define its width
and height, how far the object can travel then tell it to track.  When
it looses a spot it will ask you what you want to do, whether find it
manually etc... It is a slightly automated process that requires a lot
of interaction to work correctly, and with some practice may be what you
are looking for.

A much less automated option is the Track Points routine.  I think this
is supposed to be used for a different type of purpose altogether but it
might be useful.  Each frame you click on the spot you want to track.
 This way you are rellying only on the human eye to locate the objects.
 This option probably is only good for motion measurements, not
intensity measurements, since you are not actually selecting objects but
just points.

I don't know if you have already tried these options but I figured I
would put them out there.

Steven Luke

--
Steven J. Luke
Kimmel Cancer Center Bioimaging Facility