CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

October 2002

Sender:
Date:
Tue, 22 Oct 2002 19:57:48 -0400
7bit
Comments:
To: Microscope <[log in to unmask]>, "Microscope list," <[log in to unmask]>

Please help to clear the cloudyyyy solutions

We are having a problem to preserve for exhibition specimen tissues which
"disintegrate".
In the case of grasshopper dissection, which has some "muscle" tissue, the
tissue keeps shedding in the  solution.
We wash the specimen in water then: we tried Carolina's Carosafe and also
ethyl alcohol (conc.) .. after a day the solution turns brown.
Would glycerin be better (100% or lower conc.) ??

Should we pretreat the specimen in alcohol to tighten up the structure
before putting into the final bath?

regards
MRK