CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

November 2002

Sender:
From:
Jerry Sedgewick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Nov 2002 14:16:41 -0600

Our core facility was graced with a Bio-Rad confocal 1000 by the generosity
of a researcher in our medical school (he, in turn, never paid a service
contract for nearly ten years).  At any rate, he now wishes to sell this
confocal.  I called Bio-Rad to see what this confocal was worth in the open
market were I to put a price on it so that I could grit my teeth and then
buy it from the "generous" researcher.  The Bio-Rad representative said
"what the market will bear."

Thus, I'm posing this hypothetical question: what would you pay for the
Bio-Rad confocal 1000?  All answers very much appreciated.  Who knows, it
could be available...

Jerry

Jerry Sedgewick
Program Director