CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

November 2002

Sender:
From:
"tony collins (BI)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Nov 2002 09:33:03 -0000

Dear Dr Hauser
As proud owners of two Noran Oz microscopes, I'd first like to thank you for ensuring the future of this great technology. The reason I'm writing is that some time ago I pestered Greg Joss (Greg Joss [[log in to unmask]])in to writing a series of plugins for ImageJ (http://rsb.info.nih.gov/ij/). These plugins directly import Noran SGI movie files to ImageJ, extract the timestamp of each frame and do a bunch of other clever tricks. We perform all our subsequent image analysis in imagej. Since you now have the service/support for Noran and, I guesss Noran owners list, I thought you might like to be able to distribute these plugins. If you'd like to, please contact Greg, although I can send you the plugins directly once Greg has OK'ed it. I'm working on a manual to go with the plugins at the moment, let me know if this would be helpful. Greg has put a lot of work in to these plugins, and I feel his work needs wider usage.
Best of luck for the future, we're all really pleased the AOD technology hasn't gone forever.
Regards,
Tony

Tony Collins (Ph.D.
Research Associate
Laboratory of Molecular Signalling
Babraham Institute
Babraham
Cambridge, UK
CB2 4AT
Tel: +44 (0)1223 496499
Fax: +44 (0)1223 496043

The contents of this e-mail are the views of the sender and do not necessarily represent the views of The Babraham Institute or of BBSRC.  This e-mail is confidential. It should not be read, copied, disclosed or used by any person other than the intended recipient. Unauthorised use, disclosure or copying by whatever medium is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this e-mail in error please contact the sender immediately and delete the e-mail from your system.
Although we have taken steps to check that this e-mail and attachments are free from any virus, we advise that in keeping with good computing practice the recipient should also ensure they are actually virus free.