CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

December 2002

From:
Carl Boswell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Dec 2002 16:04:51 -0700

Bill,
Fill a (5-10ml) syringe with Vaseline.  Cut off the sharpended end of a
needle with a fine-toothed saw.  If you use a clipper of some sort, it will
crush the needle closed.  The the bigger the needle gauge, the bigger the
bead.  Squeeze a bead of goo around the perimeter of the coverslip, invert
the slide over it and set it in place.  Adjusting the height of the
coverslip is simply a matter of pressing on it more or less.
Carl

Carl A. Boswell
Dept. of Mol. Cell. Biology
Univ. of Arizona