CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

December 2002

From:
Jerry Sedgewick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Dec 2002 10:47:02 -0600

ANNOUNCEMENT    PHOTOSHOP FOR RESEARCH BOOK

Just in case you, a colleague or a client is having trouble learning
Photoshop, this is an announcement about a book I authored entitled "Quick
Photoshop for Research, A Guide to Digital Imaging for Photoshop 4x, 5x,
6x, 7x."

I've been sheepish about announcing this book to this listserv until some
reviews and e-mails have come back to me regarding its usefulness.  Since
the reviews have been positive, I am confident that this book can simplify
Photoshop by addressing only those functions needed by the research
community.  It can either help you, or, if you run a core facility like I
do, it can help the client who has excessive (and burdensome) needs
regarding the use of Photoshop.

What follows is a special deal by the publisher (Kluwer Academic) until
Dec. 20th of this year.   You can get more info about this book at this
available as of yet.

THE DEAL:

>SPECIAL PRICE: $37 - more than 25% off the regular price of $49.50.
>PLUS FREE POSTAGE ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD
>

>Quick Photoshop for Research: A Guide to Digital Imaging contains
>essential information on the use of Photoshop specific to researchers.
>This step-by-step guide is the only book published for users whose
>needs are not for the purpose of graphic or web design: instead,
>this book only addresses the tools and functions necessary for the
>ethical enhancement of scientific images, and subsequent layout of
>these images into figures or plates. The aim is to provide information
>about digital imaging in an easy-to-follow guide from the beginning of
>the imaging process to its end. Additional information about scanning
>and acquiring images via a digital camera or laser/PMT system is also
>covered, as well as information about printers and PowerPoint.
>
>To purchase the book at the special discount, simply print out
>this email, complete the form and return it to the publisher
>by fax or mail by December 20th to qualify for this special offer.

Best Wishes,

Jerry Sedgewick