CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

March 2003

From:
"Mcnamara, George" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Mar 2003 08:10:59 -0800

Here's my list...

 Leica LCS confocal software (current version is 2.5.1040 ... better than
2.968, etc)
 Leica LCS Lite (free minimal version of LCS)
 MetaMorph - Universal Imaging (licensed from AutoQuant)
 AnalyzePC -  www/AnalyzeDirect.com
 SlideBook - Intelligent Imaging Innovation
 SimplePCI - Compix
 Zeiss Image Browser
 Amira from TGS.com (nice rendering, weird interface)
 Imaris - Bitplane
 ImageJ / NIH Image - NIH (wayne Rasband + user addins)(freeware)
 Scion Image - Scion port of NIH Image (use ImageJ instead)
 Image Pro+ with 3D Constructor (licensed from AutoQuant)
 AutoDeBlur & AutoVisualize - AutoQuant
 VTK Viewer (freeware) http://www.kitware.com/vtk/index.html
 Tcl/TK - see VTK
 MicroView (based on VTK) (freeware) http://microview.sourceforge.net/
 XnView (free) ... http://www.xnview.com
 NeatImage (free demo) ... http://www.neatimage.com/
 Osiris - (Geneva radiology dept)
 Voxx - Kenneth Dunn (UIPUI)
 Voxblast - Vaytek
 IPLab - Scanalytics
 etdips (clinical imaging i.e. radiology)
 GIMP (http://www.saunalahti.fi/tlillqvi/gimp/index.html)
 Fovea Pro (John & Chris Russ...Reindeer Graphics) (Photoshop plugins)
 UTHSCSA Image
 XV - requires Xwindows (or emulator for Windows) be running
 LivingImage - Xenogen (for bioluminescence molecular imaging in mice, etc)
 IDL  - general purpose visualization (and underlying engine for LivingImage
 Matlab - matrix library - be sure to get the Image Processing toolkit (or
all toolboxes)

The scary part is that I have tried most of these. As usual, caveat emptor.

George McNamara, Ph.D.
Childrens Hospital Los Angeles - Image Core
4650 Sunset Blvd, MS 84, SRT 1016
Los Angeles, CA 90027
323-669-2548 voice
323-251-8878 cell
323-668-7921 fax
http://shelia/image     Image Core Web (CHLA Intranet)
\\ntapps49\home Image Core Server User Home (Intranet)
\\ntapps49\appnotes     Image Core Application Notes (Intranet)
http://www.childrenshospitalla.org/research.html CHLA Research Institute
http://home.earthlink.net/~geomcnamara  Personal web site