CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

March 2003

Date:
Tue, 18 Mar 2003 18:26:13 -0600

This is an appealing approach, too:

Karpova TS, Baumann CT, He L, Wu X, Grammer A, Lipsky P, Hager GL, McNally
JG. Fluorescence resonance energy transfer from cyan to yellow fluorescent
protein detected by acceptor photobleaching using confocal microscopy and a
single laser. J Microsc. 2003 Jan;209(Pt 1):56-70.

I would think the newer scopes with good ROI and data export function should
be particularly useful.  Indeed, it would see likely that the confocal
companies would want to include a FRET module (for a modest fee, of course).

I've seen some suggestion that between AOTF control and spectral imaging
choices, FRET should be a whole lot easier.  Anyone agree (or have practical
experience doing so)?

Mike Mancini