CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

April 2003

Sender:
From:
"Dr. Volker Brinkmann" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Apr 2003 09:08:30 +0200

Dear Listers,

thanks to all who replied to my recent posting concerning Ar/Kr lasers!
Now I have a different question which is not strictly confocal but maybe
someone of you can give me advice. I have until now unsuccessfully tried
to measure pH shift in phagosomes by feeding Molecular Probes'
LysoSensor Yellow/Blue dextran to macrophages and follow acidification
using two filtersets, one ex 365 nm/em 535 nm for lower pH, the other
filterset consists of ex 340 nm/em 460 nm for higher pH, light source is
a xenon lamp. I see nothing although I use a highly sensitive camera.

What is wrong??

Volker