CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

April 2003

Sender:
Date:
Tue, 8 Apr 2003 22:54:21 +0200
From:
Anders Liljeborg <[log in to unmask]>

Hello Terry,

We did some work related to this some years ago, although it was more
concerned with compensation for absorption, not bleaching. You can
look up these references:

N. Åslund, A. Liljeborg, "A method to extract homogeneous regions in
3D confocal microscopy enabling compensation for depth dependent light
attenuation," Micron & Microscopica Acta 23, 463-479 (1992).

A. Liljeborg, N. Åslund, "A method for analysis and segmentation of
3-dimensional images from a confocal laser microscope," invited paper,
NeuroProtocols: A Companion to Methods in Neurosciences 2, 150 - 159
(1993) Academic Press.

Terry Wu writes:

 > Hello Everyone,
 >
 > Can anyone recommend a software or method to normalize image brightness for a confocal
 > image series?  We have been collecting large stacks of images (about 100 images/stack)
 > and photo-bleaching progressively reduces the brightness of images.  We hope that we can
 > normalize these images before reconstructing them in 3D.
 >
 > Thanks in advance for your help,
 >
 > Terry

 > http://tax.yahoo.com

	Anders Liljeborg (Docent)
	KTH - SCFAB
	Nanostructure Physics
	Royal Inst. of Technology
	Roslagsvaegen 30 B
	SE - 106 91 Stockholm, Sweden
	Phone: +46 8 5537 8139, exch. +46 8 5537 8000
	Fax:   +46 8 5537 8466
	E-mail: [log in to unmask]
	http://www.nanophys.kth.se

	Biomedical Physics and X-ray Physics