CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

April 2003

Date:
Wed, 9 Apr 2003 19:30:49 -0600

Hi,

We have 2 Zeiss LSM systems and certainly we had the same problem.
Sometimes we see a message saying: 'hardware busy for more than 10 secs
and sometime is rotten.........'. I am sure a programmer had fun while
writing the codes.

Here are some things we do to minimize the problem:

1) Be patient. If a command needs time to finish (such as a hardware
movement), wait for it to finish. Try not clicking all over the places.
If you do, sooner or later, there will be some problem start to occur.

2) When you load configuration or hit "reuse" button, be patient and let
the system finish what they need to do.

3) Try to minimize software/services on the computer.

4) close unnecessary image windows.

It seems is is caused by a hardware which times out. But I suspect it is
rather a computer/software issue. One of our systems, we had frequently
such problem (the error log was about 1Mb in 3 yr. period!). But after
we upgraded the computer, it has been running for almost 2 yrs with
rarely the same problem.

Talk about Zeiss system, our collimators keeps timing out and stuck. Anyone
has
similar problem? Please email me privately if you think it is not
generally interesting. I am more interested what you can do to get rid
of the problem (beside asking Zeiss guys to come over and reset it
manually).

Thanks!

xuejun