CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

June 2003

Sender:
From:
"tony collins (BI)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Jun 2003 09:44:17 +0100

Hi Martyn

ImageJ will add text to the movie as you ask with the "Time Stamper" plugin (http://rsb.info.nih.gov/ij/plugins/stamper.html). The plugin asks you to enter starting time, time between frames and how many decimal points you'd like - by setting starting time to 10, time between frames to -0.1 and decimal point to zero, it should count down as you ask - unless I've got the maths wrong...

I can send you a tweaked version that uses antialiased text. One thing to remember is to convert your pseudocolour image to RGB before adding antialiased text - otherwise the "grey" pixels at the edges of curves/diagonals of white text on black background are psudocoloured giving the text a weird pseudocoloured halo.

I've also got a plugin that will add text to defined frames, e.g. "agonist on" starting frame X and stopping frame Y. Let me know if you'd like it.

Regards,

Tony

> Search the CONFOCAL archive at
>
> We have used PaintShop Pro, but you cannot easily add the same text to
> multiple images. Can these other movie makers do this? so eg.
> allow the
> annotation to count down 5,4,3 etc sec to agonist in a movie of
> agonist-evoked Ca waves, which would require text to be added
> to blocks of
> 10 images if your rate is 10Hz.
>
> Thanks for any feedback
>
> Martyn Mahaut-Smith
> Dept of Physiology
> University of Cambridge

Tony Collins Ph.D.
Senior Research Associate
Calcium Group
Laboratory of Molecular Signalling
Babraham Institute
Cambridge, UK, CB2 4AT
Tel: +44 (0)1223 496499
Fax: +44 (0)1223 496043

The contents of this e-mail are the views of the sender and do not necessarily represent the views of The Babraham Institute or of BBSRC.  This e-mail is confidential. It should not be read, copied, disclosed or used by any person other than the intended recipient. Unauthorised use, disclosure or copying by whatever medium is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this e-mail in error please contact the sender immediately and delete the e-mail from your system.
Although we have taken steps to check that this e-mail and attachments are free from any virus, we advise that in keeping with good computing practice the recipient should also ensure they are actually virus free.