CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

June 2003

Date:
Wed, 11 Jun 2003 13:55:04 +0100

Hi Andrea

is this drift always in the same direction?  We have observed (J.
Microsc. 210(2):131-137) significant focus drift on our Leica SP, linked
to temperature fluctuations in the room, but it was of an oscillatory
nature.  Could it be that the microscope stand keeps getting warmer with time?

Another thing to check is whether the stage has become loose and drifts
on the dovetail.

Hope it helps

***
Dr Stamatis Pagakis
Confocal microscopy and Image Analysis Laboratory
National Institute for Medical Research
The Ridgeway, Mill Hill, London NW7 1AA
Tel: +44 (0)20 8816 2621
Fax:  020 8906 4477