CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

January 2004

Sender:
From:
pvoostve <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Jan 2004 18:11:58 +0100

Dear,

Just a theoretical remark
We can state that HT is not done during human observation but is pure based
on machine vision. In theory, when no financial restrictions are present we
always can paralellize a system and reconstructing the image afterward. If
we like to evaluate photon emissions the limit to speed is the total amount
of photons needed to have a good signal to noise ratio. The limit for speed
is not realy a technological problem as scanning systems or whatever, the
limit is the signal. You need to collect a necessary amount of photons, and
if the sample emits these only at moderate intensity you are limited in
speed. In that way we can have forward you to the discussion on real time
imaging etc...

Bye

Patrick